Old January 10th 05, 02:20 AM
uniseriate

Default GE Nighthawk Headlight Bulbs

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about GE's new Nighthawk
headlight bulb range. I saw them at the local Wal-mart and was
wondering about their performance. I looked at the bulb and verified
that there is no blue filter like on the Sylvania Silverstar bulbs.
However, the Nighthawk bulbs are priced at about the same level as the
Silverstars.

From this GE page, http://tinyurl.com/525uv , GE claims an additional
33% more output from their replaceable bulbs over a conventional one.
I don't have much faith in marketing claims, so if anyone has any
independent reviews of these bulbs, it would be greatly appreciated.
I am specifically interested in the luminous flux and longevity of
these bulbs at 12.8 volts.