Old December 31st 04, 03:20 AM
Brent P

In article >, Anthony Giorgianni wrote:
>> It's a social issue. And like any other can be corrected with proper
>> social pressures. How do you know not to fart in elevator? or not to
>> shout in a movie theater? Or all sorts of other things?

> That's true, Brent, and perhaps appropriate for those examples. But creating
> a potentially dangerous situation, as it looks like the OP did, is
> irresponsbile. And certainly, if you try to discourage a poor driver by
> putting yourself in a precarious situation and they come back at you or you
> get into an accident, don't complain about it. I mean, the guy may very well
> want to teach you that your efforts to correct his driving are unwelcomed,
> and you may both end up going up in a giant fireball of glory.

I haven't seen anything dangerous being advocated. It's often MORE
dangerous to let a MFFY driver in than not to. I have a smashed car right
now as proof to that. I was in one of those situations where I could not
accelerate to thwart the MFFY driver. Two of them then combined and now
the torqueless wonder is smashed. I did exactly as my critics would have
me do, I slowed down and let the other driver do as he wanted. I should
have held course and speed.

> Also, speeding is a social issue tool. And there are many people who do not
> approve of it. But to suggest that they it's okay for them to exert social
> pressure - such as blocking maneuvers - to correct speeders' behavior is, I
> think you'd agree, irresponsible, just as it is for other kinds of driving
> behavior. It's also important to keep in mind that your idea of what's bad
> driving and another's driver's idea may not be the same.

Ahem. Here you go mixing apples with ornages again. Right of way issues
with right of way issues. The sloth merger and the LLB are both in the
wrong as right of way issues.

> And finally, I think we should remember that people make mistakes while
> driving. I don't think it's good to assume they don't know what they are
> doing and need a lesson Sometimes it's just nice to let the other guy off
> the hook. Looking at it that way can certainly save wear and tear on on your
> nerves.

This tired old crap again. When someone runs a red light and flips you
the bird with BOTH hands, it's not a mistake.