Old July 23rd 05, 06:42 PM
Ted

Default Finding a part

Maybe this has been mentioned before but...

I needed a part. It was unavailable/no longer made. Checked
aircooled.net, mamotorworks, etc. Rebuilt part available from big
internet VW site. Bought it. Didn't work right.

So on a whim I typed the bosch part number into Google.

Up popped a backwater autoparts store (and I mean backwater as in
swampy area of US). They have 3 NEW ones, for a price less than what I
paid for the rebuilt.

Is this for real????

I may be a sucker, but I ordered one.

As more and more small parts stores put their inventory online it may
get easier to locate these orphan parts. Least I hope so.

Ted--Sacto