Old July 16th 05, 12:07 AM
C.H.

223rem wrote:

> C.H. wrote:
>> The Geo Prism is just as boring and as uninspired as the Corolla. Where
>> did I say that I like these wannabe GMs from the Far East?

> Your position doesnt make a lot of sense. First, the Corolla is meant
> to be boring. Cars in that class are boring by design.

Not necessarily. Look at the Neon SRT-4 or the Cobalt SS.

The Corolla is not boring because it has to be but because it is fashionable
in Japan to be as boring as possible.

> And exactly what is 'unispired' about it?

Just about everything.

> It is cheap,

Not really.

> good fuel economy, the interior is much better than in a Chevy,

I happen to hate Toyota's interior, especially the seating position.

> good engine,

Funny.

.... for a ****box.

> lasts forever,

Tell that to an ex-coworker, who had to junk his Corolla at 94000 miles and
8 years because the engine decided to kick the bucket. And that despite his
religious '3000 mile oil changes'...

> MT available, great resale value. A great daily commuter.

I don't think so, YMMV.

> What's not to like?

Everything. If a car is not fun to drive I don't bother buying it. And if I
want a fun little commuter I am much more likely to buy a Neon SRT-4 than a
Corolla XRS.

Chris