Old June 7th 05, 07:53 PM

Jim Yanik wrote:
> (Brent P) wrote in
> :
>
> > In article >, Jim Yanik
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I guess this proves *you* can't admit when you're wrong.
> >>
> >> Auto license plate yearly fees ARE a USER tax or fee.

> > I repeat.
> >
> > 1) you are all ****ed off there is no specificly labeled tax on
> > bicycling that is paid every year to use the roads.

> No,I merely note that bicycles as vehicles do not pay any usage fee as all
> road-using motor vehicles pay.

Since your logic ability s really messed up, I'll help you:

1.) Direct fees and taxes do not cover the costs of automobile
transport in this state.

2.) Non-auto taxes must cover the difference (balanced budget is
required.)

3.) Bicycle users pay these taxes.

4.) Bicycle users pay for the roads in part.

You may attack this logic if you are able, but it's pretty
straight-forward.

No, we get ****ed about your stupid semantics game.

> > 2) You declare a tax that is not labeled a motor vehicle road usage
> > tax and call it one.

> Are you so blind you cannot see? (no,just dishonest)
> People PAY a FEE to the State (IOW,a tax) -EVERY year- for LICENSE to
> operate (USE) each specific vehicle on public roads.

Ooops, that's where you goof. See, it's not a fee for road use. In
this state, we must licence our vehicles every year, even if they are
not used on the public roads. It's not called a road tax, but a
licensing fee. In addition, I can use roads where I haven't paid such
a fee, like in neighboring states where I don't pay anything to use
their roads.

While I understand completely that you want to believe it's a use tax,
it isn't called that, so it isn't that.

> Thus a USAGE fee or tax.
> (This is separate from a driver's license,and it's fees.)

Separate how? Even non-drivers pay both of those fees.

> No pay,your plates are invalid,and you are using illegally.

News flash - in this state, even if the car isn't being used on public
roads, it still must be registered!

> All 50 states require license plates for motor vehicles,BTW,that must pay a
> fee(tax) YEARLY or in some special cases more than 1 year.

And all states require you to pay some form of tax, somewhere. If the
state doesn't fund all of the roadwayus 100% with auto-related taxes,
non-motor-vehicle-operators still get to pay for roads.

The distinction is one you made up.

> Your semantics game has failed.

The irony is hilarious.

E.P.