Old October 10th 04, 03:09 PM
Bill Putney

maxpower wrote:
> you said>>>>The engine speed is not connected with the oil consumption. If
> your

No. I said that **based on *his* assumption of the same quantity of oil
being lost for each revolution regardless of engine speed** that the
consumption per mile would be the same (for my assumption of same gearing).

I did not say that I agreed with his assumption of engine speed being
irrelevant - I just said that, **given his assumption** (of same amount
of oil per revoultion) that it (engine speed) would be irrelevant.

I covered myself in that same post in my very last sentence (becuase I
figured someone would misinterpret what I was saying to mean that I
agreed with his statement that oil lost was independent of engine speed)
by saying: "Not saying I agree or disagree with your conclusions -
just want to be sure you understand the end result of what **you're**
saying." (emphasis added)

And to reiterate - I did make the mistake of not seeing that he was
talking about varying the gearing, but that's all.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')