Old January 4th 05, 07:11 PM
Alex Rodriguez

In article >, says...

>A minute or two Later the Leutenant came out adn brought me to his office. I
>explained what I saw and gave him the license plate number, time, and
>location. He seemed understanding, but again asked how I knew he wasn't on a
>call that was cancelled.

You should have said, 'You are right he might have been. I would feel much
better if you could show me the logs to confirm your assumption.' . Then
see what he says.

>So I explained to him it was reckless and unsafe to
>be running red light and doing those speeds in a residetial zone without at
>least his lights on, particularly since there were familys out and about
>walking through town. What if someone walked out to cross the street, or a
>child? A car doing 50 MPH will come up on a pedestrian real quick, and if
>there are no lights or siren to warn those ahead it is not very visible and
>not always easy to tell the car is doing twice the speed cars typically do
>on such a street.

You are asking them to be reasonable.

>He seemed to understand, and asked what I wanted done about it. I told him I
>didn't want to make a big deal over it or anything, just that I would like
>it if he would talk to the officer in question about the incident and try to
>not have such things happen. Basically I just don't want to see that kind of
>reckless driving, especially when there are children around and the roads
>are wet like the other night. We left it at that and he said he'd find out
>who it was and talk to him.

You should have asked him to give you a follow up call.

>In any case, I hope something is done about the reckless driving, it's
>relaly an issue that needs to be addressed. Whenever a police officer is
>breaking the law his lights and possibly siren should be on. There are
>exceptions, but they are few and far between.

You see since they enforce the laws, there is really no one who will tell
them when they are wrong. So they like to 'bend' the rules because they
don't expect anyone to complain.
Alex