Old June 27th 05, 10:28 PM
Steve

> Hi Everyone,
>

> I have a choice between buying a 96 Mazda Millenia S or a 95 C280.
>

> The mazda has about 115,000KM on it, fully loaded and is much cheaper.
> The C280 has 250,000KM and is in immaculate condition. Appears to be
> well maintained.
>

> I am leaning towards the C280 b/cos MB is known to be durable etc. But
> am a little worried that 250,000KM is a bit too high for the mileage,
> even for a MB. should I be concerned ? I mean for how long will this
> car be driveable ? A friend tells me a MB could go past 500,000km and
> still be in very good form. Is this true ?

I'd be more worried about the M*zda. That's 115K km is pretty high
mileage for a dispose-a-car.

MB's used to have a rep for durability, and I suspect the core
drivetrain parts are still very rugged. But that doesn't mean its cheap
or easy to maintain. The non-drivetrain parts will eat your lunch
(assuming you want to keep all the electric back-scratcher type options
working). And heaven help you if something in the drivetrain DOES need a
fix!

Is there a third choice? :-/