Old March 3rd 05, 03:21 PM
tfandango

Default Fuel Filter confusion

Hi-

I went to O'Reilly last night and bought a fuel filter for my 2000
Explorer (SOHC Engine VIN E). It cost all of 6 bucks. I've got some
conflicting info though and I want to sort that out before
proceeding...

1) The guy told me I didn't need a tool to extract the old filter. He
said I just need to break off the nubs on the plastic clips and yank it
out. Sound correct?

2) The filter itself suggests replacement after 10K miles. Ford always
says 30K. Did I get a super cheap one or something?

3) I skimmed through the fuel filter replacement section of the Haynes
manual and I it said that the filter should last the life of the car.
This can't be the case can it? Is that a typo or is this for some
special engine which I do not have?

Thanks a lot! You guys are awesome!

-troy