Old December 31st 04, 07:09 PM
Grover C. McCoury III

> also with nonfunctional side scoops and hood scoop im worried how they
> will affect the car at speed. ive read that all factory mach1 hood
> scoops are nonfunctional, tho have seen a pic of one that was, so it
> cant be that bad. im sure they would take a second or two off quarter
> mile time.

FYI: Not sure what model Mach I you are referring to in this article.
1969-1972 Mach I's featured functional and non-functional hood scoops.

I think the drag created by hood scoops would be insignificant in a
quarter mile run.

Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 1970 Mach 1 351C
featuring a functional "Shaker" hood scoop @
http://community.webshots.com/album/18644819fHAehGJAjt