Old November 17th 04, 02:31 PM
linda

Bill Pitney wrote:
> linda wrote:
>
>> Bill Putney wrote:

>>> Is that the same APA that published a "scientific" study that said
>>> that it was found that pediphilia did not harm children who
>>> experienced it, and later denounced same after (and only after) those
>>> in the scientific community and the public raised a big stink about
>>> the pseudo science that they were promoting for political reasons?
>>> Why yes - I believe it was the very same APA.

>> Honestly, i did not know that.. Ask a victim of pedophilia if it
>> affected them (from personal experience, i can tell you that i am not
>> sure if it changed me, because i don't know how i would be if it
>> hadn't happened).

> I don't know - it could explain a lot - the victim mentallity and
> everything else. So you're saying that your position on pedophilia is
> "I don't know what the big fuss is about pedophilia - it ain't so bad."?
> It does appear to be one of the last taboos that hasn't been
> successfully attacked yet in the 21st century U.S. - though there are
> certainly those that are trying - it's another one of those "slippery
> slope" things, and so therefore liberals don't allow it to be discussed
> in serious public forums. Put me on record as being against pedophilia
> - it's extremely damaging. IOW - it's a bad thing.

I may have a victim mentality as you say....i do know that i tend to
protect those that i think are being attacked, or abused.... maybe not
as good as you could.. but i am doing the best i can, and at least i am
trying...
Do Not Judge Me on this issue...I never insinuated that pedophilia, "it
ain't so bad". my stomach gets twisted in knots and the dreams are
unthinkable, and i hope and pray to God that no one has to ever deal
with it the way i have had to deal with it..... Don't attack me! It is
a big fuss... when i think of what is happening to others just as it
happened to me, I honestly could KILL..... and as an anonymous person
to you, you don't know the lengths i have gone through to help prevent,
stop, put awareness out there.. you don't know me... but honestly, Bill,
having not known what i would have been like not having been a victim, i
don't know how i would be, since i was not ever given the chance of
knowing....

But the issue of pedophilia and Gay are two separate issues... and do
not belong in the same breath.. many pedophiles are heterosexual who
attack little girls in their sleep and make them promise not to tell
anyone or else... (and you don't want to know what the "or else" is).
all pedophiles of both sexes are interested in pre-pubescent, or
teenagers (male or female pedophiles, and male or female victims)...
they are not to be considered human beings. they may lead productive
lives, but i would prefer that they be eliminated from the world... the
main focus that finally brought it to the forefront has been on priests
and the young boys, but how many people have focused on stepfathers and
stepdaughters, uncles and nieces, grandfathers and grandsons, etc...
just because a high official makes the news, does not mean that the
entire grouping of people all pedophiles. nor does it mean that all
stepfathers victimize their young stepdaughters, etc... Put me on the
record as saying I KNOW THAT PEDOPHILIA IS TERRIBLY DAMAGING. but also
put me on the record as saying NOT ALL GAYS are pedophiles, not all
heteros are pedophiles, and in our discussions concerning gays,
pedophilia does NOT BELONG!!!!!

get a grip Bill.. i think your coffee has been on the burner too long...

lw