Old January 8th 04, 05:38 AM
Don

You don't say where you live - makes a big difference. I noticed a strong
like of the Mich AT or M/S tires in the replies. From my experience, if you
are living in real snow country, get yourself a for real set of dedicated
snow tires (and maybe a spare set of cheap rims from the junk yard - so all
you have to do is switch rims each season). I ran some Kleber (sp?) and
they would go anywhere - when I lived in snow. I personally have found that
dedicated snow tires - in particular if you can find some good European or
Scandinavian ones in your size) are much better than combination tires -
they are designed to stay soft in cold weather - which is why you don't want
to run them year round.

Don

om...