Old January 7th 04, 06:16 AM
Mike Borkhuis

> Hi! My son has a Ford 4x2 F150 Supercab truck. He lives in
> snowy region. One person has suggested to put some sand
> bags or cement bags in the empty truck bed to make the truck
> steady during driving in snow. He has all weather tires. How
> much weight needs to put in the back of this truck?

Idealy you would want a 50/50 split in weight front and rear.... That
would probably leave the back end riding low though with all that weight.

> Did any member of this NG did this?

I drive a 2001 Silverado 2500HD 4x4.... Adding 500 pounds to the bed
made no difference. Of course, it's got a torque pumping diesel motor and I
have a heavy foot.... =)

Mike