Old January 23rd 05, 11:59 PM
James C. Reeves

Default Rear Door Locks (Was Bought a new Malibu MAXX, my opinions?)

"Sean Scott" <Its@secret> wrote in message

> "James C. Reeves" > wrote in message

>>> I see them all the time--
>>>

>>> I do have one complaint-- there are no child protect locks on the back
>>> door...
>>>

>> Really? I thought rear door child safety locks were required by law.
>> Hmmm.. Interesting!
>>

> He is talking about the hatchback fifth door i think.

You may be right. Interesting though if true. That means that there is a
law requiring rear door child-proof locks so a kid can't open the rear
doors...AND that there is a law that requires a internal latch on rear
liftgates so a kid *can* open those. One just has to laugh at this nonsense
at times.