Old March 13th 05, 03:24 PM
Bob Shuman

Ken,

My 3.0L is a different application even though it is the same engine. My
3.0L is in a 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL. This is the double overhead cam
version with 222 base HP and basically the same engine (and plugs) as is
used in the much higher HP twin turbo. The 3000GT calls for the laser
platinum version. As I indicated in my previous post, they are 60K mile
plugs and I picked them up the last time for around $10-11 each somewhere on
the web. This compares to the $23 each they wanted at the local Chrysler
(Stealth) and Mitsubishi dealers.

They are excellent plugs and perform very well. I was reluctant to try
anything else since I have had some bad luck when not using OEM plugs in the
past. Hey, if the manufacturer sprang for the extra bucks for these plugs
in the first place, then there was a reason. That all said, I'm not sure
what plug your make and model call for so check to see what it came with
from the factory and use the same if possible.

Bob