Old September 8th 06, 12:18 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ken[_3_]

Default Mazda OBD codes P0031 P0051 P0037 related to exhaust manifold?

The dash should not have to come apart. The port for the OBDII machine
is usually under the dash on the drivers side and takes only a few
minutes to reset the codes. The dealer should have done at least one
of these 2 things: 1) Have the diagnosis included with the warranty as
the codes derive from the warranty work. 2) If they cannot include it
with the warranty and are not willing to cover the diagnostic cost then
the codes get reset after the warranty work because it is part of
scanning it in the first place and you paid for it.