Old July 20th 05, 02:29 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Unless it explodes on the strip, they just ring it and of course
inserts. I've broken many cranks, but I don't think I've seen one in the
pits, probably because of the Magnaflux program. Mostly melted pistons
and their blocks after an oil down, because energy is heat, twelve
thousand horsepower is a lot of heat, even if it is for just four
seconds. They've got to be a really big name to have a spare engine,
like GoArmy or John Force. I go to each of the Pomona Nationals, you
should buy a pit pass and see for yourself:
http://www.billhughes.com/pomonaDrags.jpg
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O