Old July 15th 05, 04:01 AM
Harry K

Nate Nagel wrote:
> James C. Reeves wrote:
> > "Larry Bud" > wrote in message
> > oups.com...

> >>Oh come on. Let's talk about reality. The reality is that cops sit on
> >>the side of the road with their radar on waiting for the numbers to
> >>register higher than the speed limit. Then the christmas tree lights
> >>up and he gets one more for his monthly quota. No probable cause
> >>necessary.
> >>

> > Yep, that's the way they do it here. The "tag" just about everybody that
> > drives by.
> >

> I've seen a lot of drivers who apparently don't know their true speed
> and/or what the speed limit is - they will slow to 55 in a 65 for
> example when seeing a cop, which causes no end of chaos behind them...
> the aware drivers will slow to the speed limit, then notice that the
> vehicle in front of them is still slowing...
>
> nate
>
> --
> replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
> http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Well I can sorta understand slowing to the posted but on this highway
the standard speed is 65 or 66 (posted 60). No-one that I have ever
heard of ever got ticketed for that speed...oops, did to but only in
bad conditions when even the posted was way too fast for conditions.
When I am lead of the pack (rare) and come on the situation, my speed
doesn't change, still keep plugging along at a yawn producing 65.

Harry K