Old July 13th 05, 03:29 AM
jim beam

> Thanks for all the suggestions.
>
> I have just removed the oilpan, and everything inside looks
> pristine. The snorkel is not dented at all and the screen is
> completely clean.
>
> All I can think of now is changing the oil pump.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions before I start this I would really
> appreciate it.
> I have rarely heard of the oil pump failing- Is this common?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

like tegger says, check the feed by watching for oil circulation under
the top cap. after that, check the sender circuit. the light comes on
when the lead is grounded. if it's trapped somewhere, it could be
making ground.

in answer to your question, no, it's extremely uncommon for a pump to
suddenly fail. wear out, sure. fail? no.