Old August 15th 06, 03:25 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Mike T.

Default Poetic Justice

>>> Isn't that kinda like a convicted criminal whining about being fired
>>> when they get sent to prison?
>>>
>>> If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

>>I'd agree with you, if we weren't discussing minor traffic infractions.
>>You
>>think someone deserves to lose their job for a minor traffic
>>nfraction?

> This is a strawman argument. Just because they cannot drive their car
> to school doesn't automatically mean they will lose their job. The
> students can:
>
> * Adjust their work hours
> * Take some time off
> * Explain the situation to their employer, and work out a solution
>
> Worst case, if a high school student does lose their job, they still
> have a roof over their heads, they still have food on the table, and
> (most importantly) they can easily find another no-skills-required job
> after their sentence has been fulfilled. In the meantime, they'll have
> more time to do their homework, and to think about how to avoid
> repeating their mistakes.

Ever heard of emancipated minors? Myself and several of my friends were on
our own from the age of 16. Regardless of the quality of job you hold, it
takes on an entirely different significance when the income is used to buy
groceries and pay your share of the rent. -Dave