Old July 8th 05, 04:48 AM
Jan Andersson

"Susan S." wrote:

> Well, once again, here we go. Another fine storm headed directly at my
> house !! LOL
> Sometimes it seems like that. Everyone here is in full panic after sitting
> through Ivan. The stores are packed with people but empty on food and the
> lines at the gas stations are already down the block, if they have any gas
> left at all. Sad thing is we still have people living in houses with blue
> tarps for roofs from the last storm.
>
> I sat through the last one, headed out of town for this one. Once is
> enough. Pulling out Saturday morning. Just wish my car was running so I
> could at least move it to a safer location.
>
> Say a prayer for us here on the Gulf Coast........I think we're going to
> need it.
>
> Susan S.
> Pensacola Fl

Hang in there Susan. Keep yourself and your family safe, material things
can be replaced.
If you board up your windows, make a few "peep holes" to allow pressure
release. A big blow on the board might push it inwards enough that teh
sudden pressure increase in the "pocket" between board and window might
crack the window. Something I just learned a while ago, I'm trying to
floridanize myself here

Jan (Safely away 5000 miles away from the hurricane, but my family is in
FL as you may know already.. so I have an interest)