Old January 13th 05, 04:13 PM
Matthew Russotto

#1: It's not a matter of being compelled, it's a matter of _feeling_
compelled.

#2: In the widest sense -- and that IS how you used the term -- a
desire and a feeling of compulsion are the same thing.

>> It ain't quite that simple. I don't have to drink. But I want to
>> drink.

>Nothing wrong with that.

Except that you and the other neo-prohibitionists want to make it impractical.

>> I do have to drive if I want to get anywhere.

>No, you don't. There are taxicabs, public transportation or carpooling.

Thank you, Marie Antoinette.

>If you have 20 bucks to blow on alcohol and claim you don't have enough
>money for a cab you need to get your priorities straight.

Not a matter of 20 bucks. A matter of no cabs at all. And I rarely
spend $20 on alcohol for myself at a sitting. Besides, how am I going
to get my car back?