Old March 1st 05, 01:58 PM
Mike Romain

Man you guys are buying stuff in my old stomping grounds... That Bayers
Lake complex used to be my back roads that started at the top of the
street my parents still live on. The chain lakes you can just see to
the east and down the hill through the bush have trails to them and we
use to hike, off road, skate in the winter and canoe them all the time.
I even managed to sneak my Jeep in to Susi lake, the first one of the
chain, last trip back, The trail still goes along the edge of a gravel
pit off the Bi Hi to get in there. I'll bet my skinny BFG mud prints
are still there... I got a photo of my Jeep at the shore of Susi lake
that trip. It is an old quarry in there on the second lake where they
got all the granite for building downtown streets way back when so the
water level on the chain lakes is dam controlled before the feed into
the Kearney lake system.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's