Old July 22nd 05, 09:41 PM
Tony Bad

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> I am looking at the wagon and it only comes in automatic.
>
> Maybe I will just get the A3 instead.

I can't understand who at VW makes these decisions. I live in NY, so I can't
get ANY TDI, but why do they think people only want an automatic in this
car? If you are interested, you should try driving a TDI with a manual
(Jetta or Golf). You will see it feels like a very different animal then one
with an automatic transmission. That lag issue is not an issue and it pulls
nicely from all speeds.

Good luck with your choices!

--
Tony Bad

02 Jetta Wagon
01 Eurovan MV
91 Jetta 1.6 Diesel
86 Jetta
79 Rabbit 1.5 Diesel (semi-retired for now)
Schwinn Continental 10 Speed
Radio Flyer Pedal Car (my daughter made me add this)