Old June 13th 05, 03:59 PM
C. E. White

Dave Lister wrote:

> Ford is in my opinion mostly a lost cause. When I am car shopping I
> hardly ever go to a Ford dealer. The last Ford I owned leaked oil all
> the time no matter what I had done to it.

My parents have owned Ford most of my life. In the last 40
years, not one Ford has leaked anough oil to put a spot of
the garage floor of their home (they didn't have a garage
floor before 1964, so I have no data for the 1953 to to 1963
period). I've owned several Fords myself. Only one ever left
oil on the ground, and it was promptly fixed under warranty.
Now the !%$#& Toyota I owned leaked oil like seive. My
Sister's have owned a couple of VWs and I beleive they were
trying to recoat the roads with fresh oil. And I won't
mention the assortment of British products I was addicted
to...... But Fords, (tractors excepted) have never been a
problem. My current oldest Ford (1992 F150, 100,000 miles)
has never leaked a drop of oil. The underhood is
unbelieveably clean. I can actaully work put my hands on
things under the hood without needing a gallon of GoJo to
clean-up (which is not true for my sisters much newer
Honda). Maybe you should try a Ford again. If you are
thinking Japanese cars are state of the art, you might be
surprised.

Ed