Old June 12th 05, 06:55 PM
Dave Lister

Default American Car Makes

American auto makers can take apart and study in detail the
competitions' cars. They know exactly how the top sellers and reliable
cars are built, right down to the screws. They know how they perform on
their test tracks. They know what look is selling.

So why do they keep screwing up?

GM makes nice trucks but except for Cadillac and the Corvette, piece of
**** cars. The Cadillacs are in may ways better than their Japanese
competitors. I know my STS is a far better car than a pal's top end
Infiniti.

American auto makers are notorious in my opinion for substituting
plastic exteriors to make the cars look "cool" for a decent powerplant,
witness Pontiac. Chrysler has for many years built good looking vehicles
but never consistently put a good engine in.

Even when they get the engine and look right, they will throw in a
crappy interior. The Corvette falls into this category.

Chevy makes all these cheap **** sedans that nobody in their right mind
would ever buy.

Ford is in my opinion mostly a lost cause. When I am car shopping I
hardly ever go to a Ford dealer. The last Ford I owned leaked oil all
the time no matter what I had done to it.

Did the American car makers really think people would be buying assault
vehicles to drive around forever?

I just don't get what they think they have been doing.

--
Republican Health Plan: Don't Get Sick

Guantanamo: The Gulag of Our Time