Old March 12th 05, 03:07 AM
Jerr

> What I posted was confirmed by a regional sales manager from California.
> If
> you don't like it, it does no good to call me an idiot for posting the
> truth, straight from the source. PROVE HIM WRONG. Your argument isn't
> with
> me -Dave

You claimed that a 'regional sales manager' from the west coast would have
sold you the car for less. First of all, if he was a regional sales manager,
he has nothing to do with retail sales. His sales are from the manufacturer
to the dealer. He works for the manufacturer, not a dealer. Cars cost the
same in California as they do in New York. The individual overhead differs
from region to region and dealer to dealer. Ergo, you might find a dealer
that can work on a smaller markup. But don't condemn the other dealers for
wanting to make a profit. Right now if you wanted to buy a dealership,
you're talking in the multi-millions. Would you want to invest that kind of
money to make $50 on a $20000 car?