Old July 22nd 05, 11:18 PM
Paul Calman

I have ridden over the passes a few times on the highway, but there is no
way i will be fire-roading a fully packed goldwing on this trip. My friend
Tom and i have negotiated quite a few dirt roads, but I'm not leading our
wifes, who have far less experience as riders off of the hardpan.
We booked the train trip for the 3rd, i rode it as a kid and have spent a
lot of time woring on a Mallet Locomotive in San Diego. We are going to
leave camp in Ouray at 5:45, ride to Silverton, take the 7:30 bus to
Durango, and the steam train back, still giving us half the day to goof
around.
Earl, is that your house with the 3 or 4 jeeps in front, I think Blair St?
Maybe I'm thinking Model Ts. If it's OK I may knock on your door on the
third to say howdy.
We may rent a jeep, but that's not definate. I was thinking of bringing mine
out next summer and going to Moab, visiting the inlaws in Mancos, then going
to Silverton.

Paul Calman, Hathaway Pines, California