Old November 5th 04, 07:14 PM
fbloogyudsr

> "Jeff Strickland" > wrote
>>I would not suspect the clutch at this point. I would be looking towards
>>the
>> universal joints on the axle shafts and the driveshaft itself. The parts
>> are
>> not really universal joints, but that it the role they in the grand
>> scheme
>> of things.
>>
>> There are joints where the driveshaft connects to both the back of the
>> transmission, and to the differential. And there are also joints where
>> the
>> axle shafts connect tot he differential. The thumping you feel is one or
>> more of these joints failing.

"RyMal" > wrote
> If I do not have this fixed ASAP what is the worst possible outcome?
> Thanks for all your help...

Well, worst case you'll be stuck on the road when the driveshaft drops
off, like all those junker pickups I see. But most likely it will just get
worse and the vibrations will be continuous and annoying enough to
convince you to get it fixed.

You don't want to have them completely fail, as then you're into
a complete driveshaft, which is much more expensive than just the
u-joints.

Floyd