Old February 1st 05, 05:04 AM
Drive Dog

I HAVE NOT tried this, nor has anyone else to my knowledge.

Portrait photographers sometimes use "slave" strobes. These are
flashes that fire when the flash attached to the camera fires by
just detecting the primary flash. At night, the strobes from the
stoplight cameras are certainly bright--bright enough to trip a
properly set slave strobe, I believe. So mount one or more
really close to the license plate.

I don't think this will work in daylight, as all the light from the
strobes will be overwhelmed by sunlight. Even if you had a
seriously powerful flash on your car, it would be hard to
get it to detect the flash (if there even is one) from the camera.

So... maybe the 30-.06 idea is better.

Or perhaps, now that there are ridiculously cheap R/C aircraft,
just buy one for Kamikaze use. Try mounting a dart tip on the
front of it to ensure penetration. Just remember that I'm only
joking, and the Secretary will disavow knowledge of your
activities.

DD

oups.com...