Old December 15th 04, 10:02 PM
James C. Reeves

"C.H." > wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:53:41 -0500, James C. Reeves wrote:
>

>> "C.H." > wrote in message

>>> I must be psychic, because I foresaw this reaction. It's the usual thing
>>> 'good' usenet denizen does when he thinks he is falling behind and wants
>>> to make his 'opponent' look bad instead of himself.
>>>

>> ROFL... You can put your crystal ball away now.

>> As I've already stated. I respect your opinion,

> ... as far as it doesn't collide with yours ...

Dotto... Back at ya! etc. ;-) Oh the irony abounds....yet again! And I
realize now that you just don't see it...that it isn't true. Although my
experience is that people tend to accuse others of that which they
themselves are most guilty of, since the accused wouldn't have had the
thought, that the accusation was based on, even cross their minds. Well,
I'm not sure how many times I have to say in this thread that I respect your
opinion before you'll believe it. But I think this makes the 3rd time (but
I honestly wasn't counting, so not sure)

BTW: Newsflash. There IS a diffrence between not agreeing with you and not
respecting your opinion. I respect your opinion and gave credit for points
you made that I thought were good ones. They just didn't convince me as to
your way of thinking, that's all.

>> conceded a few excellent points to you and certainly have no malice
>> against you and no one else here in this NG should either.

> I did not assume malice or my reaction would have been much different.

Good, I was concerned, from the apparent tone in your reply, that you
thought (or I had inadvertenty given the impression) that I had those
feelings toward you. I don't.

>> This isn't a competition...it's a discussion. And I say all of this
>> even after you did try several times to insult my car! ;-)

>> Some advice. Lighten up, will ya! Have some fun with this! Don't take
>> things so personally!

> You whine about your precious car being insulted but _I_ need to lighten
> up? ROTFL
>
> Chris

It was a joke. Note the winking smiley and the ridiculousness of the
sentence itself. Car's don't have feelings, so can't be insulted. It was
obviously a incredibly silly comment with the intent to lighten things up.
Yea, I'll say it again, lighten up, will ya!? ;-)

Maybe (I can try) to clear this up. Here is what this branch
of the thread topic distills down to (from my perspective):

o The Op "Luke" asked for "thoughts" on the new Chrysler
Hemi in the closing of his post.

o I responded with terms like excessive, unnecessary, and a
few others. I also compared the average performing car like
my Sebring as being more that adequate for typical driving
situations...using, as an example, that I rarely ever
*needed* to use all of its power during every day use.
Those are my honest thoughts that are backed up by
decades of accident free driving and having owned and
driven both very powerful cars AND very gutless cars
from time-to-time during those years.

o Then heaven knows why you went in irrelevant directions with
this, but the gist I glean from weeding through all of the
adhomenem points and pick out the excellent on-topic counter
points you make is that you disagree with me that the Hemi is
excessive.

So, after separating out all the irrelevant items to the topic of "Hemi's
HOT" is:

o I think the Hemi (or similar LS2 engines you referenced)
is/are excessive and unnecessary for typical driving
o You think those powerful engines are necessary.

Simple, hey?! ;-)

So, If you want a car with a Hemi or LS2 in your driveway and it's right for
you, knock yourself out! I'm glad you have what you think you need. It
makes no difference to me. But, I am still waiting for you to answer my
question of several posts back as to how you (and everyone else, for that
matter) ever made it through the late '70's and '80's when one was lucky to
find a car with 0-60 times of sub-12 seconds!? The question had two
purposes. 1. I honestly wanted to know how you managed back then without
40HP and 2. to make the very valid point that we historically managed
driving on our highways without 400HP engines in our cars (and we can manage
the same now).

In closing. This is a discussion of varying ideas and thoughts. Some here
will agree with you on this subject (remember it's about the Hemi...I want
to keep you focused on the subject). Some here will agree with me. So what
in either case!?