Old March 14th 05, 09:04 AM
Peter Bell

In message >
"Ronny" > wrote:

> Wolfgang Pawlinetz wrote:
> > Glenn Richards wrote:
> >
> >> Is there anywhere that I can easily get a 12V switched feed from?

> > Audis and VW's traditionally reverse switched power and permanent on

[Snip]

> Yup Wolfgang is correct, you do have a switched live, just reverse the
> red/yellow had to do it on both my A4's

Careful! This was certainly true on older cars, but the more recent
Audis do, as Glenn suggests, only have a permanent live to the radio and
use CAN bus signals for the power up/down commands. This change
occurred, I believe, when the Concert II/Symphony II range of radios was
introduced. Without referring to the workshop manuals, I wouldn't be
certain as to what to expect on a 2001 B6 A4, but suspect that it will
use CAN bus control.

On my car (a 2003 RS6), I found a row of relays behind the panel below
the steering wheel, with threaded studs to which you can easily add
additional connections. One of these has a switched output, the rest
seem to be permanent live.