Old July 5th 05, 11:23 PM
Nate Nagel

Timothy J. Lee wrote:
> In article >,
> ray > wrote:
>
>>Or next time you see an idiot, slap him upside the head. They need to
>>release a regular 15 page car manual with a special 800 page idiot
>>supplement. I swear, it takes 20 pages in the manual to tell you how to
>>start your car and put the seatbelt on.

> How about 5 pages on how to use the automatic transmission? Interestingly,
> the same owner's manual had less than a page on how to use the manual
> transmission.

Well, that's probably because a) anyone who actually *buys* a manual
transmission probably doesn't need any special instructions or b) if
they included a section on heel-and-toe downshifting, there'd be all
sorts of liability issues (pick whichever explanation you like better)

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel