Old June 29th 05, 07:45 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Jeff Strickland wrote:

> isn't room inthe Owner's Manual for every torque spect that is out there,

....because all the space is taken up with idiotic warnings about how
you're not supposed to run the car in an enclosed garage, how you're
supposed to wait for the mist to clear from the windows before driving
off, how you're supposed to turn on your headlights if it's dark outside
and you want to drive, etc.

> Having said that, I can't encourage anybody to buy a Haynes or a
> Chilton. If one needs to know the stuff between those covers, and can
> reasonably use the information contained therein, they would be much
> better off with the vastly superior factory service manual, even with a
> cost differential of quadruple the cost. A single mistake averted can
> cover the cost of the manual.

Precisely.