Old May 27th 05, 04:41 PM

Jim Yanik wrote:

> Because they use illegal tactics that are prohibited for autos or other
> motor vehicles.Like squeezing between car and curb.They often do not stop
> for stop signs or stop lights.They also often ride on the wrong side of the
> road. They often fail to use any turn or stop signals.

I never did any of those things. I think your ire arises from envy.

Even on my bike, I was often held up by cars. Now, working and
commuting between two towns that have sizable university populations, I
am held up by commerical vehicles that ignore the pull-out law, and
scaredy drivers.

Once in the last month by a bicyclist, and that lasted 5 seconds. In
fact, I reported that incident here.

I do like one idea you had - I'd like to see motorists pay 100% for
roads. And I'd like them to pay for some of the indirect costs too.
After all, if it's "user pays", then the users should pay. I would
GLADLY pay an annual user fee for bicycling on the roadways if a true
user-pays system were enacted.

Then I wouldn't have to listen to the snivelliing whiners who wet their
pants over bicycles on the roads.

E.P.