Old March 3rd 05, 09:50 PM
SteveH

Andrew Thomas > wrote:

> Adrian wrote:
>
> > > <LOL!> Bin there! I'd rather have the Beamer ;0

> > Bin there. Two E36s, a 155 and a 75. Sorry, Munich. I'm in Milan.

> Hmm. The large, international community (for this is also cross-posted
> to alt.autos.bmw) which will read this may not have a clue what you are
> referring to - since Alfas are only actually sold in markets where
> folks develop hopeless attachments to slipshod manufacturing technology
> and comedy rust-proofing. And as Alfa Romeo has never actually been
> capable of profitably building a world-class car, I don't see this
> changing any time soon.

<yawn>

World beaters:

AlfaSud
Bertone GTV
Alfetta GTV
Spider
156
147
166
Montreal

Do I need to go on?

Rust problems were solved around 1990, which is why my 75 and 155 are
both less rusty than my brother's 1992 3-series.

> Note to everyone else: "155" and "75" are four-door Alfa Romeos. You
> didn't miss much.

You just caught sight of a blur as the 75 flew past your Bavarian ****e
on a twisty road.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - VW Passat 1.8T 20V SE - COSOC KOTL