Old December 13th 04, 03:01 AM
Gill

Default Heater Core

Last Jan. My core sprung a leak. I missed my warranty by a month but my
miles were still relatively low so I talked with the local Ford service
rep. guy. He made me an offer of $300.00 so I gladly let them deal with
it. All better and a one year warranty on the core.

Fast forward to November, guess what? Green fluid running under the
passenger side carpet! Dang, I moved 1000 miles north of the OC to the
new OC, (Oregon City) so I locate the Ford store and explain the deal.
Guy OKs the warranty! But, he says my Stang suffers from chronic
electrolysis, and needs a complete flush and some kind of additive used
in diesels. This runs me 120 clams :/ Not knowing, I OK it (plus I
should support my local repair guy lol). Did I get ripped? Does anyone
know the name of the diesel additive?
--
Tropic Green Y2K 5 Speed Mustang GT
P-1SC & Some MM Stuff