Old October 27th 04, 07:35 PM

Alan Russell > wrote:
> When I crank the engine the timing light does not blink at ALL. After
> I've cranked it 7 or 8 times (for about 4 seconds at a time) I will
> start to get a blink from the timing light right after I release the

Sounds like a bad ignition switch.
There's a "start" terminal on the switch, and IG1, and IG2.
IG1 is supposed to be connected in the start or run position, and IG2 in
the run position only.
You aren't getting spark in the start position, but you are in the run
position. Usually it is the other way, with no spark in "run", so it
starts, and dies as soon as you let go of the key, but I suppose it could
fail either way.
There are also some relays involved in Honda Ignitions, so one of those
might be bad. You can check the ignition switch wiring with a test light.

---