Old September 27th 04, 09:52 PM
Robotron Tom

Default This Is Ridiculous!!! Isn't It???

I had a miss throughout the RPM range and MPG dropped. I started by
replacing the coil: no change. I purchased new OEM plug wires and Bosch
Platinum +4 plugs and started installing them. Huge pain to do, I must
admit. I got the 4 pass side wires on and new plugs in #2 and #4
cylinders: no change. Dropped it at the nearby dealership this morning
and they found #1 plug was dead. They installed the remaining parts(4
wires and 6 plugs) for me and car runs great now.

The bill: $425!!!!
Did I get a hosing on this one?

The mechanic was telling me he cut the labor in half because I had
already done most of one side. So...how did I get charged for 3 hours
labor for a tune-up if he cut the labor in half? A tune-up on a 93
Corvette is 6 hours??? There was a 1 hour charge for diagnostic($89), so
that made it 4 hours total labor.

Should I complain or just be happy it runs right again?

Thanks,
--
Robotron Tom *remove nospam to email*
See the Flashback Arcade at: http:// www.arcadeguy.net

Standing for right when it is unpopular is a true test of moral
character.
-M. Smith