Old August 7th 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
George Patterson

Default Late 1930s through 1940s Volkswagen and Opel designs.

socraticquest wrote:

> The Tatra V809 most closely describes the vehicle I'm seeking. Except,
> the 'Tatra V809' I had seen in a photograph was dark-grey in a desert
> environment, and not the camouflage colors used in WWII.

The Germans developed a system of painting that allowed very rapid color
changes. They also transferred outfits a lot. It's quite likely that that photo
was of a recently transferred vehicle that hadn't gotten its new paint job yet.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.