Old January 12th 05, 06:13 PM
fbloogyudsr

"Ed Nuxters" > wrote
>I live in PA. I'm flying out to Ontario, CA and renting a car to go to
> Palm springs - a convention. Are there any weird laws that I should be
> aware of? Does anyone know what differences/precautions I should take
> when renting the car? What abotu differences between driving in PA and
> CA?
> This is my first time driving a rental outside Pennsylvania, and I'm a
> bit nervous. Its about an hour and a half drive from Ontario to Palm
> Springs and I don't want to get lost. It looks like a straight shot on
> Interstate 10. I'll have lots and lots of maps, so I don't forsee any
> real problems.

1) Ignore eastwardbound.

2) drive fast - you will probably find average speeds of 75-85mph.

3) free right turn (and left onto one-way streets) is "mandatory"
unless you like getting honked at.

4) don't pay the insurance stuff on the rental cars unless you're
paying cash (visa, mc, amex almost all cards cover you, and likely
your own insurance will, too.)

5) no u-turns in most intersections.

6) don't be a llb - frowned on in CA

7) be ready to pay at least $2.20 for regular gas. be sure to choose
the option to refill before you return the car.

Floyd