Old March 5th 05, 08:19 PM
Dave Lee

Default new distributor Q

Hi all.

A couple weeks back, in one operation, I replaced my Dist., the cap & rotor,
wires, plugs, and Crank sensor. All because it was difficult to start, then
wouldn't start.

Right away I had a shudder, or periodic buck. I knew something was amis.
After a few days, I replaced the cap & rotor, plugs and wires with the old
ones. Still have the problem. I can't replace the dist., since I turned in
the core. The old crank sensor just plain doesn't start. Now I have a small
backfire too.

Could my distributor be one notch, or spline off? I heard the computer can
compensate somwhat. Is it worth me exploring this? I hate to buy another
dist., or crank sensor, since each is about $70.

Thanks all,

Dave Lee