Old December 3rd 04, 07:15 PM
SoCalMike

Abeness wrote:
> SoCalMike wrote:
>
>> has the OP taken the console out and looked at the action of the
>> parking brake? my yoke was only pulling one cable, and the other cable
>> just kinda sat there.

> Yup. The left cable holds, the right just zips forward with the eq-bar
> tilt. The cable is definitely still attached to the p-brake arm at the
> caliper, so it ain't the cable.

when my civic CX (drum brakes) did that, i just adjusted the star wheel
on the side that was slack, until it wasnt slack no mo. adjust...
adjust... slip the drum on, try the p-brake again. lather, rinse, repeat.

can the rear disc brakes be adjusted by hand like that? or no? for all i
know, the adjuster on the passenger side rear of my car still doesnt
work, but i did clean it up w/brake cleaner, and adjusted by hand.
hopefully itll work now.