Old July 15th 05, 09:26 PM
Box134

"blah blah" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...

I don't know what you drive, but with my 96 SL2 I can certainly flash my
headlamps because Saturns of that vintage have the dedicated inboard DRLs.
Only problem is how many people know what you're telling them? I know in
some parts of the world it's a universally accepted method of letting the
other driver know you're giving them the right of way.

> My biggest problem with DRL's is that you cannot flash your lights at
> oncoming cars to warn them of a speed trap ahead of them.

DRLs aren't a panacea for every form of idiocy, carelessness, or inattention
on the road. Everyone is ultimately responsible to use their own grey
matter. They address one specific issue.