Old October 28th 04, 05:13 PM
Brent Burton

(Kendt Eklund) wrote:
| I'm getting ready to sell a processor and some memory to my brother to
| put together a game rig, primarily for race sims (GPL, LFS, maybe some
| newer stuff like F1c/mods). [...]
| Anyone have experiences using the nForce2 IGP with sims, and maybe
| other games? Is it slow enough that's its not worth bothering with?

I do, and am happy with it overall. My machine is a small Shuttle box, nf2
board with the GF4MX. I run with 128MB assigned to the video (of the
512MB installed).

I run F1C, GPL, LFS, Racer, driving a 1280x1024 LCD panel.
I also other non-sim games on occasion. I run LFS with full graphics
detail, but at 1024x768; 12x10 is too much, but at 10x7 it maintains
a solid 50-60 refresh.