Old May 24th 05, 12:04 PM
TeGGeR®

y_p_w > wrote in
ink.net:

> Jason wrote:
>

>> You raised a question that I did not think of: You mentioned that
>> iridium plugs are rated for 100,000. How miles are the platinum plugs
>> rated for? Jason

> Depends on the manufacturer, but I think Honda specs 60K miles. What
> does your owner's manual say? Personally I wouldn't want to keep
> a plug in there that long without examining it for erosion.

I had a set of the aforementioned BCPR6EP-11s in for two years until last
year, which for me is 30,000 miles. The elctrode gap had eroded to 1.27mm
from 1.1mm. These plugs are in a cabinet in my basement. I keep them all
for reference.

I spend most of my time on the highway at or near 4,000 rpm, and have had
to go to the cooler plug to prevent overheating of the insulator.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/