Old July 24th 05, 09:33 PM

I never expected to ever hear from someone, even in a NG, who
was that naive' Do you have any idea how much oil is used round
the world every day, or all of the products that rely solely on
oil for its existence?

All of the so called renewable alternative energy sources
combined can not replace even half of the oil currently consumed
in the world. Even if all of the electricity in the world was
generated by nuclear power, and not a single vehicle used
gasoline, we would still need millions of barrels of crude oil
every day, until we develop cost effective ways to use coal as
our carbon source.

mike hunt