Old May 22nd 05, 04:28 AM
Dana Rohleder

How did you go about applying heat without mangling the paint? Would the
soldering iron method get it hot enough? If I remember correctly (this was a
couple years ago) after my torx bit fiasco, I think I read somewhere that
you didn't need to get the bolt really hot, but something like 150-200
degrees F and they would release, but I can't verify that. I just gave up
and bought a $6 mirror and Velcro it to my rollbar whenever I take the doors
off. And yes Bill, I do have to use doors occasionally up here when it gets
below zero!
--
Dana

--