Old March 8th 05, 08:58 PM
WraithCobra

What is it with some people? The Mustang never has and never will be in
competition with the Z06. If you want Z06 performance, you gotta' pay for
Z06 performance. The Z06 is going to be north of $65K, the Cobra is going to
be less than $40K. On the other hand, something close to plain Corvette
performance would be nice. Too bad the bean counters at Ford have decided
that and IRS is too costly. 450+ bhp from a Whipple charged Terminator 4.6
or aluminum Whipple charged 5.4 AND an IRS is what the Cobra needs. Going
fast in a straight line is not the only thing that interests me. Without
wanting to start another Vette Vs. Cobra argument, my Cobra IS faster than a
C5 and no matter what the nay-sayers think, handles quite well for a 3650
lb. pig. With a JLT RAI and a MagnaFlow cat-back I'm putting down 426 horses
and 401 lb.ft of torque at the wheels to move my pig, dynoed at Amazon
Racing on a Mustang dyno February 26th, 2005. If the new cobra can put down
those numbers stock and weigh less than mine, with similar mods it will be
faster in a straight line than the C6. Since Ford is whimping out on the IRS
I hope the make the best damn live axle set-up to come out of Detroit. If
not, and if I'm still interested in another Mustang, Roush will get my
money. I may, I said may, be looking elsewhere to get the performance I'm
looking for since Ford has again dropped the ball.
--
Mike
Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe