Old November 23rd 04, 04:57 AM
Hal

<snip>

> pressure plate and flywheel, so that every thing is matting probably. My
> question is that, I'll have to remove the flywheel for this, will I have to
> replace the rear main seal when I do? It's not leaking and is less than a
> year old, I'm not a believer in fixing something that isn't broken. Could
> removing the flywheel damage the seal?

Given the relatively minor cost of the front main seal, and the fact
that you have to remove the engine, clutch, and flywheel to replace
it, wouldn't you just kick yourself if you get it back together with
the old seal, get it running perfectly, and then discover a dribble
from the front of the engine?

The seal is like 5 bucks..replace it while the opportunity presents
itself and double-check your endplay while you're at it.

My 2 cents worth...good luck with it.

Chris